All parents with an email address registered will have been sent the below today - paper copies will be given to those children where we do not have an email address:
The school-based nasal flu vaccination programme helps protect your child against flu. Flu can be a dangerous illness and sometimes causes serious complications. Your child is entitled to the vaccination free, from the NHS.
- If your child has severe asthma and/or takes high dose inhaled steroids or steroid tablets, (or requires the injectable vaccine) please arrange to have the vaccination at your GPs.
- After you have submitted your consent, please let us know if your child has taken steroid tablets because of their asthma in the two weeks before to the vaccination, or if their asthma medication has been increased.
- If your child is wheezy with asthma on the day of the vaccination, please inform the school.
- The vaccine contains gelatine; there is no suitable alternative for healthy children.
- If your child is absent on the day of the vaccinations, a second attempt will be made to offer the vaccination to your child, usually in a clinic setting.
- Your consent will be valid for the flu immunisation school session. If your child receives the vaccine elsewhere, or you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us.
THIS FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE PERSON WITH LEGAL PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CHILD (EITHER BIRTH PARENT OR AGREED THROUGH COURT).
Further information can be found in the attached leaflet, or online here. The medical information can be accessed here, a child-friendly film can be viewed here.
We provide this service to help protect the health of your child as part of our public task as a health service provider. Your child’s school has provided us with your contact details. We will update your child's electronic health record and notify your GP of the immunisation.
We may contact you via SMS; if you do not wish to be contacted via text, please let us know.
If you require further advice or information, please contact the School Immunisation Team:
Tel: 0300 555 5055